- SAFETY GLASSES MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES in the laboratory.
- A lab coat must be worn during experimental work
- Open-toe shoes or sandals in the laboratory are forbidden.
- Rubber gloves should be worn to avoid contact with chemicals.
- Rubber gloves must be removed outside the laboratory. They are forbidden in the corridors, in the office spaces and in the elevators.
- When a bottle (<50 mL) of chemical is carried from one lab to another, or from the stores it should be placed in a pail or a safety carrier.
Please consult the safety booklet for an extensive list of departmental policies.