1. Green Chemistry:
Explore new catalytic reactions that have high atom-efficiency in water and other cleaner media (CO2 and Ionic Liquids), and to transform these reactions into general synthetic tools for synthesizing biologically important compounds and organic materials in a cost-effective and environmentally friendly manner.
* C-C bond formations via catalytic C-H and C-X activation
* Catalytic cyclization reactions
* Catalytic asymmetric reactions
* Catalytic functionalization of renewable materials.
2. Synthesis of biologically active compounds:
Developing new methods for synthesizing natural products and other biologically important compounds. One special interest is to develop synthesis and study of "Chemical Sensitizers" for targeted cancer therapy.
CHEM-224W Organic Chemistry Laboratory 1
CHEM-462 Green Chemistry
CHEM-512 Catalysis, concepts and applications
CHEM-621 Recent Advances in Organic Chemistry
CHEM-701 Comprehensive Examination 1
CHEM-702 Comprehensive Examination 2